Monday, March 15, 2010

Satisfied and uneasy.....

The Urban Impact experience has left me both satisfied yet uneasy. I'm pleased with the amount of work put into the community through shaping up lots, talking with the kids, or just bringing a hearty smile. I'm gratefully for the Lord's blessing to New Orleans in Castle Rock Community Church. He has really provided excellent staff with a clear vision of what needs to be accomplished in order to best serve the community and God. However, the city of New Orleans is in need. The city's need has me torn and a bit guilty of the things I possess. Although there has been much improvement since the storm, I feel that the people may never fully recover from the disaster; that touches my heart. I'll keep the people in my prayers and keep trust in the Lord that He will restore. Not necessarily the physical things, but priceless things like hope, love, or a relationship with Him.

Pastor John dropped a quote that struck me as profound. Something I will hold on to. "You can't fill your life with stuff that always runs out."

Brett Amiotte

No comments:

Post a Comment